We will respond to law enforcement requests from authorized law enforcement officials with proof of authority. This Law Enforcement Request Guide explains how authorized law enforcement officials can engage and contact us to request customer information.
To facilitate the processing, we require the requests be addressed to the specific legal entity(ies). In the event that law enforcement is not sure which entity the request needs to be addressed to, please list all the legal entities found below, along with proper Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty related documents if cross-border law enforcement is involved.
- FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT
Please contact the following email address for all the enforcement requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. REQUIRED INFORMATION
To aid the expeditious review of information requests, international law enforcement officers should provide in the request:
- Name of the law enforcement authority;
- Proof that the officer is authorized to request the information (proof of authority) and current position within the law enforcement organization;
- Proof of identification of the officer within the law enforcement organization (e.g. badge number, internal ID number);
- Email address from a government domain;
- Contact information (email address, number) from the governmental organization;
- The name of the specific legal entity where you require the information from;
- Specifics of request, including:
- Subpoena identifier-number in the subject line
- How we should authenticate the subpoena, such as call-back procedure
- Any public address or transaction IDs in text format or an Excel file (not PDF)
- State a reasonable deadline
- Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty request for international law enforcement
4. LAW ENFORCEMENT EMERGENCY REQUESTS
For extremely urgent requests, such as when there is risk of death or serious physical danger to a person, please state URGENT REQUEST in the Subject Line.